Pages

Friday, January 20, 2006

Historical Non Sequitur

It's amazing what you can find out by checking your technorati trackbacks. I simply can't keep up with all of the bloggy goodness that my blogosphere friends dish up so I kind of go in phases of reading different blogs for awhile. Apparently I missed oyster hitting me with a meme back in OCTOBER. Sorry, dude.

Here's the deal:
1. Go into your archives.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Post the fifth sentence (or closest to it).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag five other people to do the same thing.


Now, back in the day I shared this frontier cabin with Nevsky. Surprisingly enough the 23rd post on the blog was mine, called She Said on October 6, 2003.
My main criterion for a good McDonald's is that I can stop at one in any of the 50 states and get the same lukewarm cheap cheeseburger, moderately good fries, and a COKE.
Ah yes, the heights of political and social commentary we reach on my blog!!!

Tags go to:
Nevsky
sixthdoctor
"O" (aka NotoriousADB)
The Green Knight
Pam the Beancounter

If you waited for me to cough up my individual 23rd post, you had to wait until January 15, 2004. Since the post didn't go to 5 lines, here's the whole thing.
So What Are Ya Gonna Say About It?

Since my regular blog comment site is down I am trying a new one. Tell me how you feel about the new comments.
What is particularly amusing about that to me is that right before I drafted this post (and started researching to find those lines) I turned on the blogger commenting option. I've been thinking deeply about the opinions posted when Shakes Sis posted a question about comments and ultimately I have to agree that the fact that haloscan purges the comments after a short while, and the fact that the blogger comments become part of the searchable text of the blog, I really need to make the change. So.... whaddya gonna say 'boutit? This is the first post published with blogger comments turned "on."

3 comments:

  1. the fact that haloscan purges the comments after a short while

    That I didn't know...an it sucks. How long do they keep them?

    (And big thanks for adding me to the blogroll! Much appreciated!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeezm, Sue! You're slower than FEMA.

    ;-)

    (But more diligent-- thanks for the shout out.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my main criteria for a McDonald's, too. Cleanliness and clerks who speak a little English are helpful but I can work around those.

    ReplyDelete