Pages

Friday, December 23, 2005

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...

Thanks to StealthBadger I'm into the Seven Things meme.

Seven Books (or Series) That I Love
"Books, I'll read books, be they large or quite dinky! Straight from the shelves, all musty and stinky. Faulkner, O'Neill, Twain, and Saul Bellow! I think I'll curl up with a few of those fellows. Yes, I'll soon be well read, such a fab thing to be! I've allowed plenty of time, at least an hour... or three..." ~ Opus, Bloom County
  1. The Hitchhiker's Guide trilogy by Douglas Adams
  2. The Trixie Belden series (I read the whole series at least once a decade. Nancy Drew is for wussies.)
  3. The Warhorse of Esdragon trilogy by Susan Dexter
  4. The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
  5. God's Debris by Scott Adams
  6. Finding Your Own North Star by Martha Beck
  7. Anything by Oscar Wilde, Mark Twain, G.K. Chesterton, or G.B. Shaw.
Seven of My Favorite Movies (or Series)
  1. Serenity
  2. The 13th Warrior
  3. Miss Congeniality
  4. The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  5. Star Trek I-VI
  6. Star Wars III-V
  7. Legally Blonde
Seven Things I Cannot Do (or jus' don' wanna!)
  1. Be evil (even during a role playing game - ask me about the time the DM made me play an assassin...)
I'll have to get back to you because I'm just not self-limiting... Well, except apparently on this list.

Seven Things To Do Before I Die
  1. Publish a book.
  2. Start my own company.
  3. Have children.
  4. Build our own home.
  5. Go to Ireland.
  6. Spend a year or more in the Bahamas.
  7. Relax.
Seven Things That Attract Me To... Blogging!
  1. Hanging out with my peeps.
  2. The ability to make my own virtual space.
  3. The chance to write and think.
  4. The thought that, in some small way, I'm contributing to the 21st Century pamphleteering effort.
  5. Originally, Howard Dean. Joining the conversation on the election was a big deal for me.
  6. Keeping up on the news.
  7. Pretty colors.
Seven Things I Say Most Often
  1. Whatever.
  2. That's arguable.
  3. Shyeah.
  4. What a bunch of twinkie stuffing!
  5. Ohhh - that's not RIGHT!
  6. *Poof* Whaddya need? *Poof* Whaddya need?
  7. I love you.
Seven Impractical Things I Think Would Be Really Cool Anyway
"Why, sometimes I've believed in as many as six impossible things before breakfast!" ~ Lewis Carroll
  1. Living on Mars...
  2. ...with a vacation home on the moon...
  3. and Earth turned into a protected ecosystem.
  4. Taking away everyone's toys until they learn how to play nice.
  5. Having hundreds of pets.
  6. Peace.
  7. Time travel.
TAG! YOU'RE IT!
I'd like to tag this meme on:
  1. Nevsky at 2+2=5
  2. Shari at An Old Soul
  3. Cleek
  4. Bruce Cordell
  5. lucretius at de rerum natura
  6. sixthdoctor at lighthearted mental sewage
  7. Dr. Otter at The Otter Side (to welcome him back to blogland)

No comments:

Post a Comment