Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2004

Super Size Me!

After our dinner celebrating The Mighty Duo of Wonderfulness' results in the Urban Challenge, our gang walked over to the the theater to take in "Super Size Me".

I had seen Morgan Spurlock on The Daily Show a few nights before and thought that he was a lot of fun. And, of course, I had heard a lot of the "buzz" about the film. Especially since Nevsky had been buzzing from two cubes away for over a month now.

But I really hadn't expected to like the film so damn much.

It was both funny and informative. And, if you know me, that's sort of like saying it was both great and wonderful.

As an indication of what a datahead I am, when they mentioned the increase in American's eating out I was hopping up and down in my seat whispering to my husband, "That's all tracked by the USDA. I have the report and graphs at home! Why aren't they talking about the change in food sold in grocery stores?" Yes, I wanted them to whip the graphs up on the screen and talk about how even our home cooked food has changed to processed 'easy' stuff.

The information that he presents will definitely make you think twice about the next thing you eat. I was raised on health food but have M A J O R L Y slid into a bad modern American diet.

Three out of three smiley faces for "Super Size Me"!

No comments:

Post a Comment