Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Irish American Heritage Center

It's time to continue the celebration of March being Irish-American Heritage/History Month! Even though I grew up in the Deep South people have often told me that I sound like I'm from Chicago and I've found that one of the cool things about Chicago is that they have the Irish American Heritage Center.
The Center boasts a 658-seat theatre, library, museum, art gallery, authentic Irish pub, dance practice studios, meeting rooms and banquet rooms for parties. The building is wheelchair-accessible.  We provide a broad selection of quality educational programs in traditional Irish music, dance, theatre, film, literature, language, Irish customs and more.
 So the next time you are in the Windy City go by the Center and raise a pint down at the pub, dance a few jigs, and generally have a grand old time celebrating the Irish-American heritage for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment