Pages

Monday, January 31, 2005

Fred's Bank (Here in My Right Coat Pocket)

Not that I'm surprised, but apparently the US can't account for $9 billion of the funds to be used in Iraq. In case you didn't know about the joy, whenever I want a good depression I also read the GAO reports.

7/12/08 Soogle Update: If you got here, like many, looking for "Fred's Bank" then I assume you have some questions. Who's joke is it? Steve Martin's (check out his website). I've been a fan of his since I was ten. Steve did philosotainment well before Scott Adams every coined the term. This particular bit about Fred's Bank has even been quoted in a business paper/book (Chapter 12, p. 223, is titled "Fred's Bank: How Institutional Norms and Individual Preferences Legitimate Organizational Names.")

No comments:

Post a Comment