Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

It's Not Easy Being Cheesy

If you have visited my blog before you've probably seen the name acronym link. I decided to look up all the words for CmdrSue to see how well I thought it fit me.

    Cheesy
    1. Containing or resembling cheese.
    2. Of poor quality; shoddy.

    I always thought of cheesy as also meaning sort of goofy, but perhaps this was because I grew up with Chester Cheetah around. If you agree that it means goofy then I will say that I do in fact contain or resemble cheese.

    Mystical
    1. Of or having a spiritual reality or import not apparent to the intelligence or senses.
    2. Of, relating to, or stemming from direct communion with ultimate reality or God: a mystical religion.
    3. Enigmatic; obscure: mystical theories about the securities market.
    4. Of or relating to mystic rites or practices.
    5. Unintelligible; cryptic.

    Oh yes. Absolutely.

    Devious
    1. Not straightforward; shifty: a devious character.
    2. Departing from the correct or accepted way; erring: achieved success by devious means.
    3. Deviating from the straight or direct course; roundabout: a devious route.
    4. Away from a main road or course; distant or removed.

    I didn't react well to this one the first time I saw it, but I do often say that I'm clever. I don't use a direct attack on anything unless it is absolutely necessary. Does that mean that I'm devious? I don't like the connotations of the word, but if we go with definitions 3 or 4 I have to say it is pretty much true.

    Relaxing
    1. To make lax or loose.
    2. To make less severe or strict.
    3. To reduce in intensity; slacken.
    4. To relieve from tension or strain.

    From what I understand, I give good vibe. Sometimes people just like to have me around because I calm them. I don't understand quite how this works, just that it is something that happens.

    Sultry
    1. Very humid and hot.
    2. Extremely hot; torrid.
    3. Expressing or arousing desire.

    "The night was sultry..." Every Scorpio wants to think that this is true of them. Is it? How in the heck would I know? In the eye of the beholder, baby.

    Unusual
    1. Not usual, common, or ordinary.
    Well, ain't that the truth. Why be normal? What is normal, anyway? When I was younger I took normal as the most dire insult you could give me.

    Exhausting
    1. To wear out completely.
    2. To drain of resources or properties; deplete.
    3. To use up completely.
    4. To treat completely.
    5. To draw out the contents of; drain.
    6. To let out or draw off.

    How could I be both relaxing and exhausting? I dunno. But I think that I am. When "on task" I can be tenacious and energetic. Very, very, very tenacious.

So that's it. I think yeah, I own my acronym. It's pretty much me. And if this post wasn't cheesy, I don't know what is...

No comments:

Post a Comment