Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Card Carrying Member of the Wild-Eyed Coalition

Now let me tell you a little something that may not be apparent if you're a reader of my blog. The way that I make my bread and butter (and a little marmalade) is by providing analysis and recommendations to executives. Sometimes I get hired for different reasons - financial analysis, systems implementation, budget development - since those are all skills that I've developed, but analysis and recommendation is what I always end up doing. Why? Because I'm cautious, analytical, reasoned, visionary, and judicious. I don't make things up, I look them up.

So when I say that I'm a member of a wild-eyed coalition it should give people some pause. Being me, of course, I turned to Dictionary.com to give some insight.
    Wild-eyed
    1. Glaring in or as if in anger, terror, or madness.
    2. Extreme and passionate in belief or advocacy.

    Coalition
    1. An alliance, especially a temporary one, of people, factions, parties, or nations.
    2. A combination into one body; a union.

Bill Clinton once said that the fundamental difference between Democrats and Republicans is that "Democrats fall in love. Republicans fall in line." What this administration has done, essentially, is make the Democrats act like Republicans. We are beginning to fall in line. Why? Because we're mad - about the lies, the insane spending and debts, and the crippling of important programs like public education. We're so mad that we are willing to set aside various moderate to extreme liberal agendas to form a passionate alliance, an extreme union, a glaring body, for the sole purpose of setting our political house to rights.

To this administration and the Republicans in the Congress I have to say - You told us that you would be the moral party, the grown up party. Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us twice... Go f#*@ yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment