Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Where Are We Going, And Why Am I In This Handbasket...?

I cling desperately to the surface of my planet as I feel it veer off course, potentially heading straight into a black hole. Why do I feel this way?

    Stepford U is operating quietly in the rural hills of my state, creating Stormtroopers for the Evil Empire.

    A Republican Senator is not only surfacing the idea of reinstating the draft (I told you that when they beefed up their oversight of the draft board it was a bad sign), but he thinks we should be HAPPY about it. "Why shouldn't we ask all of our citizens to bear some responsibility and pay some price?" he ponders. Uh, maybe because we have been demonstrating in the streets against the Iraq war from the get go, there is no international support (I would have swallowed my opinion if the UN had bought into it), and we already have enough of our fathers, husbands, and children dying over there??

Hello there, great gaping maw of a black hole...

No comments:

Post a Comment