Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Back in Time A to Z: Aliens (1986)

Aliens (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)
Chick Flick
To meet the deadline for the April A to Z Blog Challenge these will be micro-Back in Time Reviews where I will do short write-ups of favorite movies. Some of them may come back for full reviews later.

Aliens is one of my all-time favorite chick flicks. Why do I say that? You can keep your Sex in the City, Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) is the kind of woman I can relate to. Because while Ripley has her issues, she kicks some serious butt and takes a whole list of names. All while trying to tell people not to be idiots.

Cult Classics Presents: Classic Alien Action Figure
Alien Butt Prime for Kicking
In case you're not familiar with the series, the first movie is Alien - a creepy horror flick set in space that had the now-famous slogan "In Space No One Can Hear You Scream." Ripley lived through that harrowing experience only to come back in this sequel with people wanting her to return to the planet where they found the nasty critters in the first place. Although she'd prefer to avoid the whole thing she knows that she can't. So off she goes to face her fears with a whole ship full of Space Marines. That sounds safe, right? I don't want to ruin the movie for you if you haven't already seen it but, um, things happen.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the greatest movies ever. I love that it is an action flick about MOTHERHOOD. So many flavors of awesome I can't even list them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I forgot to reply anywhere other than in my mind. Thanks Neil! It is a smorgasbord of awesome.

    ReplyDelete