Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Please Don't Suck, Please Don't Suck, Please Don't Suck...

To start off, I'm going to say something unpopular in my circles. Brace yourself.

I hated the new Battlestar Galactica.

Hated to the extent that the hissing, spitting, venomous creature I became when made to watch it meant everyone around me learned to keep me away from it.

On the other hand, I loved SG-1. And learned to become fond of Stargate: Atlantis.

So when the ads for SGU started and it looked like some bastard child of BSG and SG-1, well, I didn't expect the best...

Live blogging of reaction:
9:15pm - Thus far I've detected both the gentle humor of SG-1 (yea!) and 'night-time drama' of BSG (meh). I'm hopeful about the fact that one of my favorite actresses, Ming-Na, has a leading role. (You rock Ming-Na!)

10:00pm - For my taste there is way too much BSG and not nearly enough SG-1. There are also hints of Voyager which was not my favorite ST option.

10:15 - Got lost in reading the tweets and blog post comments over at Scalzi's. Stopped paying any real attention to the show.

Conclusion: Sorry guys, I will probably sit this one out. But at least I don't hate it with the visceral pain of acid eating my flesh like with BSG. I just didn't much care for it.

However, if my husband likes it and leaves it on all the time, which he will only do if it is good, I will eventually like it. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment