Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Living in the Future

When we got the Prius we thought it would take awhile before we adjusted to jumping into a car and just pressing a button instead of having to fish out car keys and turn over the engine. Actually, not so much. Within a week or so we found ourselves walking up to our house and wondering why it didn't just recognize us and let us in.

Now I see that Schlage has a lock that can be locked and unlocked from a cell phone. From anywhere. The Jetsons side of me says, "Squee!" But the cautious side of me is concerned about the whole new security paradigm that I would need to worry about.

But, hey, maybe if I'm living in the future there aren't any security concerns. George Jetson never seemed worried about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment