Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Michael Jackson: America's Child

Right now at the Michael Jackson Memorial Smokey Robinson is calling Michael his "little brother." Love him or hate him, you've also known Michael for the last 40 years (or all of your life), probably as well you know most of the members of your own family. He grew up in our collective conscious and is, more than anyone else, America's child. Since there are expected to be at least one billion viewers of the memorial today he is America's best known child. One of our friends from Russia was crushed by the news of his death and said, "You don't understand. In the 1980s Michael Jackson WAS America to us, and we loved him."

1 comment:

  1. Are you a hold 'em poker player? I'm the blogger formerly known as Frogsdong. I shut my blog down last year for good. If you're the blogger formerly known as CmdrSue (I haven't peeked in here at this site in years) and you play hold 'em poker, send me email.

    ReplyDelete