Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's a Small WorldWideWeb After All

Roger von Oech from the Creative Think blog (creator of the Creative Whack Pack) was nice enough to stop by the Thoughts tonight to say hi, and it got me thinking about connections. Roger is just the sort of person that I would want to hang out with in real life so it is nice to have this place where we can "run into" each other by reading one another's notes and dropping a comment.

For me, the most fascinating thing about the www is that we have been able to draw closer along the lines of interests. (Even more fascinating than StumbleUpon and webcomics.) For instance, I've gotten emails from both Wil Wheaton and Scott Adams, indicating pretty clearly that I'm tugging hard on the geek and office slave strands of the Web.

But I can hang out in the virtual living room of anyone whose mind intrigues me. Sometimes the gathering nears the Algonquin Round Table and other times it is like being trapped in the rioting mass at a ball game.

Who have you "run into" in the virtual village that you probably would never have met in the pre-internet society? What has been the impact of that encounter?

No comments:

Post a Comment