Pages

Monday, September 4, 2006

How to Distinguish Speakers

I've been scouting job options and when checking out a University I will see what sorts of things they have going on. At UNC Pembroke I noticed a link to announce their 2006-07 Distinguished Speakers Series. I have fond memories of going to see speakers at USM (Southern Miss, ya'll) when I was a teen so I immediately clicked to see what they had to offer.
CNN’s Nancy Grace and former presidential candidate and political commentator Pat Buchanan headline the 2006-07 Distinguished Speaker Series at The University of North Carolina at Pembroke.
Ewwww.

I had the fortitude to scroll down and saw that if I were promoting their series it would have read, "Poet Nikki Giovanni and humorist Mo Rocca headline the 2006-07 Distinguished Speaker Series..." I'm going to guess this difference in emphasis means that the folks at UNC Pembroke are not my people.

No comments:

Post a Comment