Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

What is WRONG with people?

Is anyone else as annoyed as I am that the news channels (CNN is specifically what I'm watching right now) are spending almost as much time agonizing over the economic impact of Hurricane Katrina as they are reporting on the human condition?!? For the love of God, people, we haven't even counted the dead yet! Untold hundreds, perhaps thousands, wait for rescue. Hundreds of thousands will be without basic necessities for days, perhaps weeks. And you want to talk about filthy lucre?

I'm reminded of something that Lew Black said on his "Rules of Enragement" album. 'I used to wonder why the French killed Marie Antoinette. Now I f-ing get it!' I think that even if you aren't religious you have to agree that the Seven Deadly Sins are bad stuff. And greed is one that I am particularly sick of.

Thus endeth the rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment