Pages

Friday, September 1, 2006

Hero, n. a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal

I'm glad that I made my way back over to Leilani Munter's blog this week. She's my hero. I want to be her when I grow up. (Ok, I'm older than she is, but let me dream!) To give her credit where credit is due, she's a progressive woman in the middle of an extremely conservative environment - both her sport and her adopted state. Regardless of the social pressures around her, Leilani continues to rock on. And she's fun. In her post to encourage everyone to see "An Inconvenient Truth" she says:
I can't offically do this, since I am not the great Stephen "Truthiness" Colbert, but I call on you Stephen, to put Dubya ON NOTICE.
I find it hard to believe that Stephen will miss the fact that a hot, intelligent, progressive woman called him the great Stephen "Truthiness" Colbert. I see a Colbert Report guest spot coming up. A little suggestion for you, Leilani, is that when he runs over and mentions that post you should tell him you meant "greatest."

The thing I can't believe is that I see the possibility of going to a race in my future so that I can meet her. Amazing. She's definitely expanding the demographic of racing fans. I admire her for the same reason I've always said my favorite chick flicks are Aliens, T-2, and Cutthroat Island. Strong women rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment