Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

So Three Existentialists Walk Into a Bar....

Thanks to CultureGhost I know my philosophy style. Really the only thing that surprises me is the high score on Hedonism. What's wrong with saying that everyone SHOULD be happy? I didn't say they should fiddle while Rome burns. You didn't give me options. I never said it was the MOST important thing. Oh well. As for Existentialism I've known that since I was about 13 and drawn to Camus.


You scored as Existentialism. Your life is guided by the concept of Existentialism:
You choose the meaning and purpose of your life.

“Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.”

“It is up to you to give [life] a meaning.”

--Jean-Paul Sartre

“It is man's natural sickness to believe that he possesses the Truth.”

--Blaise Pascal

More info at Arocoun's Wikipedia User Page...

Existentialism


95%

Hedonism


80%

Utilitarianism


70%

Justice (Fairness)


45%

Kantianism


30%

Strong Egoism


20%

Divine Command


5%

Apathy


5%

Nihilism


5%

What philosophy do you follow? (v1.03)
created with QuizFarm.com

"For your purposes, 'existential' means pseudo-intellectual poseur with accessories from the Street Faire." - [Daria Morgendorffer from Daria]

No comments:

Post a Comment