Pages

Friday, May 7, 2004

It's Strange, Really....

Ok, so in the past six months or so I have made two new friends. This isn't unusual for me, I make friends easier than falling off a wagon. Not always close friends, because those are special.

Getting to the point. So these two new friends have some things in common. They are very sweet. They are devoted Christians. They are Republicans. They are greedier than Midas.

Ok, that last bit might be a tad of an overestimate. But do you know how you hear things over a few months and some theme throughout is bothering you, but it takes awhile before you can figure out what that theme is? This was my week of epiphany. I finally realized what it was with both of them. There was this constant underlying thrum to every opinion and conversation. The mantra was, "me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me".

Is this an insight? Is God trying to show me something here? I think He is trying to show me that even the nice, sweet, well-intentioned ones lean to the right if they are too self-interested. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment