Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2007

I Love Movies

Searching on ye olde TTGSiMH I'm surprised by how *few* times I mention IMDB. I give them twelve bucks each month to have access to IMDBpro and my husband says that I'm the only person he knows that could need it. I research movies, tv shows, actors, screenwriters, and directors. Why? Well, because I like it. I might be prompted by a movie on tv, a question from a friend, or an ad for something that is coming out. I think that this obsession is left over from an interest in Hollywood, and especially screenwriting, in my youth.

Of course, at this point I'm not sure how much the "pro" version is getting me. Are these really things I want to know more about? Looking at the list of "in production" movies I found the following:

High School Musical 3

Status: Pre-Production
That information polluted my brain. Now I've given it to you.

Star Trek
Status: Filming
I love Star Trek. I even like Winona Ryder well enough. But anything with Winona Ryder playing Amanda Grayson can't be good. Can't. Be. Good.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Status: Post-Production
Harrison Ford is 65. To give you some perspective on that, Sean Connery was 59 when they did The Last Crusade. (Connery is only 12 years older than Ford, by the way.) It's just... Harrison Ford is 65. Shia LaBeouf is sufficiently geeky to get props from the TTGSiMH, but nothing in Transformers told me that he's an action hero. And he's certainly no Indiana Jones. And... Harrison Ford is 65.

The Dark Knight
Status: Post-Production
They sufficiently impressed us with Batman Begins that I'm sure we'll be catching this one in the theaters. But... Heath Ledger as the Joker? Really? If you pull this off, Heath, you will have proven to be a better actor than I thought you were.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Status: Filming
My interest in the movies petered out just like my interest in the books did. At this point I just look forward to seeing Hans F'ing Gruber in all of them. (Props to Kevin Smith from the Dogma extras.)

(Betcha never thought you'd see a connection between Harry Potter and Kevin Smith, huh?)

Iron Man
Status: Post-Production
My comic book fan friends are all atwitter about this one. I'm still back at 'Robert Downey, Jr. as a comic book hero? Seriously?' The one preview that we've seen actually increased my interest ('Oh, ok, maybe I can see it') and decreased my friends' interest.

Twilight
Status: Pre-production
Good news? Vampire movie! Bad news? Vampire movie. Back in our twenties we went on a quest to see ALL of the vampire movies. It was a noble quest. But like all quests it resulted in some wounds for the heroes... like seeing Wings Hauser as a vampire. That's all I can say. I CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT!

How about you? Do you love movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment