Pages

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Muskrat Love(s Disney)

John Kovalic, of Dork Tower fame (who also has a blog), summed up my own relationship with Disney quite nicely.
Now, theoretically, Disney should be abhorrent to me. It supposedly represents everything that's...

(a) too commercial
(b) too culturally imperialistic
(c) too sanitized
(d) too safe and mainstream
(e) all of the above

...about our society.

But I love it. Indeed, I'm a total, unrepentant Disney World nut.
Exactly. I was relieved to see his review of the Jack Sparrow additions to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Star Wars Weekends is coming. We'll take Munchkins and play a few hands in a salute to John.

2 comments:

  1. That's how my Dad feels about it. For a moment on my last visit I thought that he was going to drive me out of the Seattle city limits and drop me off to fend for myself. Then he realized that I've blogged with Spocko since way back and he cut me some slack.

    I did my college thesis on Disney. It took a few years to get over the knowledge of the evil, but I managed. Now I pretend it's just the fun Mouse bits... Because otherwise I'll cry. Someone start some Blue entertainment!!!

    ReplyDelete