Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2006

*Ignore* Button

I've always had an affection for ice skating (those VHS tapes I packed up last week were primarily ice skating) and tonight we've caught the 2006 State Farm U.S. Figure Skating Championships. While listening to the commentaries... and particularly my husband's reaction to the commentator Dick... I came up with the idea that the next generation of TVs will have the same function that chat rooms do. You'll be able to selectively ignore the people you don't want to listen to. I mean, they have Peggy Fleming, Kurt Browning, and Katarina Witt for God's sake! Why do they need Dick? He's just being a Dick anyway. If my TV had an *ignore* button next to the *mute* button you can be pretty sure I'd be using it right now. It would keep us from yelling at the TV.

1 comment:

  1. Comments moved from HaloScan:

    Love you!

    I hate Dick too!

    He is absolutely useless.

    His commentary is bullshit, most of the things done on the ice today weren't even conceived when he could skate.

    He is horrid, and me and my partner join you in your quest to mute his comments.

    I want to watch the skating...From a normal persepective, and without the droning of Dick "I can't see my belly" Button.
    gary | Homepage | 01.16.06 - 5:29 pm | #

    Gravatar O.O!

    I object to that! He's not useless at all, just look at how many countries he's fucked up! That's got to be good for something!

    *runs off, in case he gets the feedback his snark truly deserves*
    StealthBadger | Homepage | 01.17.06 - 1:21 pm | #

    Gravatar -_- Yes, I know. Wrong Dick, I was being random and sleepy. Just being entirely to preoccupied with politics tonight. Oh, skating? Don't have a working TV.
    StealthBadger | Homepage | 01.17.06 - 1:22 pm | #

    Gravatar I thought Dick was really really awful this year. Does he get worse every year?
    shari | Homepage | 01.18.06 - 3:48 am | #

    ReplyDelete