Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Talking Smack to China? CHINA?!?!?

I'm just sure that if I stay up for a week and drink enough coffee I can convince myself that I'm just stuck in one of my brother's days-long 'Axis and Allies' games from my youth. Because this couldn't be real, could it?
"Unlike the United States, which has sworn to defend Taiwan, Japan was not expected to offer military or logistical aid if China attacks the island it regards as a renegade province."
What? Attack? Who? When? Where?
Ha-ha, you fool. You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when *death* is on the line."
But then again, this scares me a little, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment